At first, this was going to be a post about my favorite vegan beauty products of the moment. But seriously, if you’re anything like me, all you think about is food. So I ended up adding food into the mix, because isn’t that what life is about? Not that Hokey Pokey bullshit. I’d like to note that there is no popcorn on this list, which was honestly a feat of strengths. And while I certainly bow down to the holy kale and the mighty broccoli, there is simply no need to add them to this list. You all love a fresh cruciferous veggie much like I do. On this list, however, are all products, they are not from the vine. It’s up to you what you put in and on your body, and sometimes this girl likes a factory-made item. Let’s get to it!
1. Burt’s Bees. As soon as I posted this picture, I realized that I may be a dumbass. Is Burt’s Bees vegan? I do know that they do not animal test (yay!), but does it contain any animal products? I am currently going into an internet rabbit hole whereupon I hope to return with an answer soon. Anyone have any definitive information? I will be sad to part with the lip shimmer, which rocks my socks.
2. Go Raw Coconut Crisps. I bought these on a whim at Sprouts and soon realized that this shit is bananas. It only has four ingredients and completely satisfies my sweet tooth.
3. Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Texturizer. I got this little bottle from Vegan Cuts’ monthly beauty box. This is, hands down, the BEST sea salt hair texturizing spray I’ve ever tried. Now I’ve run out and I’m sad. Check it out here.
4. Hurraw! Lip Balm. Soooooo yummy! Vegan, raw, organic lip balm that smells like heaven should. I just went to the website and found out that they have a coconut flavor, which means it’s all over for little ol’ me.
5. TaDah! Falafel Wrap. I bought this on a whim from Kroger, and it was DELICIOUS. I totally get wanting to make your own falafel and rocking the shit out of it. But sometimes, I ain’t got time for that.
6. Crystal Body Deodorant Stick. You all know about my struggles with natural deodorant. Damn, it’s been a rough road (especially for those that have smelled me whilst stinky). But I have gone back to my own true love, and it loves me back! We’ve been together in harmony for about a month now, and I am proud to report that my number of body order days has dropped to zero. I will admit, however, that there have been days when I have smelled, shall we say, slightly funky. You would never classify it as body odor though, more of a musk. I am confident in my muskness.
7. Daiya Havarti Jalapeno Garlic. Mmmmmmmm this stuff is magical, made by adorable little elves in a dairy-free universe where clouds are made out of vegan marshmallows. Some of my Bama relatives even tried it! Slather this on a sandwich with tempeh bacon and avocado, and you’ll be sliding down rainbows in no time.
8. Pacifica Perfumes. Pacifica is 100% vegan and cruelty free, and totally kick ass. I am lucky to have found it at my beloved Whole Foods and Target. I’ve never been one for perfumes; I tend to like oils and solid perfumes. Pacifica is a great brand to try, they have all kinds of goodies.
9. Earth Balance Macaroni and Cheese. Listen, I love a healthy smoothie, a big ass salad, and a delicious stir fry like the rest of the veg-heads. But let’s cut the shit. You and I both miss a boxed mac n cheese, because we’re only fucking human. Sometimes we want to come home and whip this shit up and call it a night. Sometimes we add broccoli, to make ourselves feel better. Sometimes we get the white cheddar flavor and pretend we’re all kinds of fancy. But it is what it is. And I love it.
10. Simple Truth Organic Chocolate Soymilk. This is the BEST plant based chocolate milk I’ve ever had, and it came from Kroger! This shit will brighten your day and smack your ass and tell you you’re beautiful, even when it’s not your anniversary. Buy it now.
11. Raw Finishing Powder by Gourmet Body Treats. This came in my Vegan Cuts beauty box and I adore it. This is super duper light, raw, vegan, and organic. Peep the ingredients: you could totally make your own, but there’s only so many hours in the day, amiright?
12. Tasty Bite. You may have learned this about me, but I LOVE Asian food. All of it. I’m currently eating spring rolls and Pad Thai (no eggs, add tofu). Tasty Bite meals are the fix to my Asian needs, with the quickness. Remember, just because it’s vegan doesn’t mean it’s healthy. Go easy on the Tasty Bite meals. Indulge your inner Asian food lover in a matter of minutes.
13. So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream. Shut the front door, homies. My favorite flavor is chocolate chip cookie dough. Just do me a favor: GO GET IT AND PUT IT IN YOUR FACE HOLE.
14. Amy’s Meals. Confession: I used to HATE Amy’s meals, I have no clue why. Now I love them all. Tamales, enchiladas, spaghetti and meatballs, the list goes on and on. Again, this is not complete health food. But when in need of a lunch, Amy’s is the shiz.
15. Boca Veggie Ground Crumbles. Taco Tuesday just shit itself. This is my all time favorite ground beef (plant based, of course). I know there are a ton of other kinds now a days, like Gardein or Beyond Meat and whatnot. Those are all delicious and rocking. This one is still my favorite. Grab your corn tortillas, stuff it with non-gmo goodness, and add some guac. Because life is better with guac, friends. Friends are also better with guac.